{ Memorial fun }

Photobucket

I didn't memorialize enough on Monday, but I did have plenty of fun with friends. Thankfully, I would say living a full life is somewhat of a good tribute to pay to those who have gone before me though, don't you think?

Monday began with Matt Cobabe texting me, telling me not to eat breakfast becuase he had made Spanish Tortilla that he wanted to share with me (delicious), and it ended with me and Katy swinging in hammocks while chatting and reading in the last hours of sunlight. In between I hiked to a waterfall in Pleasant Grove (where I discovered a new repelling site -- awesome), went to an amazing BBQ at the Meesh's house, lounge by the pool, got my first shaved ice of the season (Tiger's blood with the snow cap), and had a visit with Terri, Preston and Kellen who were in town from Idaho. Not too shabby for a Memorial day.

My most favorite and least favorite moment of the day were the same: When the dude making my shaved ice overflowed the cup with the syrup he was pouring on, then proceeded to step out of the snow shack, pour part of it into a drain on the ground, and step back in to finish topping it with the cream. Both funny and disgusting all at the same time. I ended up only eating the less-soaked top half, but it was still delicious.

I only got pictures of the first part and end part of the day, so you'll just have to imagine the rest (including the soaked snowcone).

Photobucket
Me and Kates at the top of the falls. You can't tell, but we're sitting on the edge, looking over the falls. I should have taken a picture of our feet I think. You can faintly see us in the picture at the top of this post sitting on a rock in between the tops of the falls.

Photobucket
Sir Cobabe fording the falls at the top.

Photobucket
Nate on our hike as we continued above the falls a ways.

Photobucket
Me and Scott with a view toward the mouth of the canyon.

Photobucket
Scott with his walking stick (by far the best picture of the day).

Photobucket
Running back down the trail.

Photobucket
Cheeto break on the way back to the car.

Photobucket
Nate with the watermelon we were getting at the grocery store for the BBQ.

Photobucket
BBQ goodness. Thank you Chris for your cheese-stuffed hotdog wrapped in bacon. And thank you Meesh for the spinach and pasta salad with sesame-ginger dressing.

Photobucket
Photobucket
End of the day hammocking. I'm not sure why I look so grumpy -- it was delightful.

On another note, I had been looking for a place to hang my hammocks since I moved into my condo complex last August, and I just located these sets of perfect little guys this week! Just so happens they are 100 feet from my doorstep, and the two sets are close enough together to hang two hammocks and chat comfortably. How did I not see them before?! No fear -- I have utilized them three times within the last week.

1 comments:

Ali VanLeeuwen said...

I hiked that fall with Dylan that day... we must have just missed each other. :(

Post a Comment