New Years hiking



Ty (mistakenly) thought he had to work January 2nd, so Kates and I decided to take us a little hike to ring in the new year. I personally was hoping to do a bit of snowshoeing in the New Year, but strangely Utah has been as dry as a bone this winter; barely any snow anywhere (so weird and sad and weird).  So, after arranging our hike the night before, Katy and I showed up in normal hiking gear and rung in the new year with a nice little treat of a 2-hour hike, which, at Big Springs is more like a slightly inclined walk in the mountains. But, I tell you what, I definitely do love me some mountainous inclined walking, so it was a great time to be had.

Arriving at the trail head at 11am meant the canyon woke up and warmed up around us as we hiked, and it was so so lovely. Ice formations around the springs and tiny ice crystals on bridges frosted the wintery canyon we enjoyed all the morning, and not even the trail turning to ice halfway in deterred us and our enjoyment.

YOU CAN SEE PHOTOS OF OUR SAME ADVENTURE TAKEN VIA SNOWSHOES TWO YEARS EARLIER HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment