Colorado for the weekend



For the last couple weeks, Ty and I have both had the itch to get out and adventure a bit; nothing sounded less fun than sitting around our house for another weekend. Unfortunately for our adventure bug, though, it's winter. So places like Zion and Moab are kinda cold and muddy (not to mention they don't allow Hank). So instead, Ty came up with the awesome idea of heading out to Colorado to hang with my fam last weekend. Free housing, Hank friendly, plus great company made this the perfect idea for our weekend plans.

So we packed in the car after work on Friday (along with Hank, who I might add is an amazing road tripper) and made our way to the good old Fort Collins. Honestly, it was just like it always is. Fun, filled with good food, games and family time. Unexpected highlights included taking home some childhood movie favorite (Turner&Hooch anyone? I didn't think so. I think I am the only person on the planet who remembers that movie) and making a Clark family decision that our next dog will be a Bernese Mountain Dog. It really is so nice to get away for a few days at a time; relax, recharge the batteries, just honestly plan nothing (nothing days are my absolute favorite). Not to mention the drive through Wyoming affords just about the prettiest sky views to be had. It makes me excited for summer retreats to Glacier National Park and Yellowstone in the coming months, and it was just what the doctor ordered for the weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment